* FOR A LIST OF PAST PERFORMANCES, CLICK HERE.
September 15, 2017
Texas Health Resources General Council Meeting
September 27, 2017
University of Texas at Dallas Public Health Initiative
October 1, 2017
Museum of Street Culture Grand Opening
October 5, 2017
Dallas Street Choir Board Meeting
October 6, 2017
Feeding America, Westin Downtown
October 11, 2017
National Day of Homelessness (10/10), Dallas City Hall
October 18, 2017
Dallas Street Choir / Santa Fe Desert Chorale, private event
October 29, 2017
Lush Gallery Opening, Downtown Dallas
November 22, 2017
Annual Thanksgiving Celebration, private event
January 20, 2018
Dallas Chamber Symphony Collaboration, Mooney Performance Hall
February 23, 2018
Temple Anshai Torah, Plano
April 5, 2018
Embrey Human Rights Program – with the SMU Meadows Chorale, SMU’s Caruth Auditorium
April 14, 2018
Voices for Renewal, Fort Worth
July 19, 2018
Texas Choral Directors Association, San Antonio
HIRE THE DALLAS STREET CHOIR
The Dallas Street Choir is eager to perform for your event. Our members have performed in major concert halls, at corporate events, for students in both public and private school, at special benefits, and for the former First Lady of the United States! To inquire about our availability, please click on our CONTACT page or email us directly at info@DallasStreetChoir.org
We are a unique organization, and as such, require some special consideration when performing outside our rehearsal space.
Please read the following requisites prior to contacting us:
- Transportation must be provided for all events. Our pick up and drop off point is in the heart of Downtown Dallas.
- While we do not require buses be handicap accessible, we always travel with singers who benefit from it.
- Depending on the time of day, we do request that hosts provide the appropriate meals and/or snacks for our singers.
- Homeless shelters in Dallas close their doors by 5:00 p.m. and anyone not registered by that time is excluded for the night, i.e. folks are compelled to sleep on the street and run the risk of losing their spot for subsequent nights. As such, the Dallas Street Choir always provides hotel rooms whenever we, the organization, asks our singers to remain out past that 5:00 p.m. shelter curfew. When performing at a private event, the hotel cost is passed along to the hiring organization. Historically, and on average, the hotel cost is approximately $2,500 per night (2 per room, 25-30 rooms).
- The Dallas Street Choir performs with piano accompaniment. When a piano is not available, we do have access to an electric keyboard. Please be sure there is power nearby.
- Sunday church performances are feasible, but rarely offered. Inquire as to our availability.
- Performance repertoire is to be decided by the director of the Dallas Street Choir in collaboration with the event host. Song requests should be submitted well ahead of the performance date, but there is no guarantee we will be able to accommodate each request.
Verbiage to be used when introducing the Dallas Street Choir:
The Dallas Street Choir was established in October 2014. Its mission is to provide a musical outlet for those experiencing homelessness and severe disadvantage. To date, the organization has served more than 1,000 individuals. In addition to presenting concerts at The Stewpot, a day shelter in downtown Dallas, the Dallas Street Choir has performed at the Winspear Opera House, the Dallas City Performance Hall, and the George W. Bush Presidential Library.
The Dallas Street Choir is under the direction of its founder, Dr. Jonathan Palant*.
* Pronunciation Guide: Palant, rhymes with Talent.