The Dallas Street Choir is eager to perform for your event. Our members have performed in major concert halls, at corporate events, for students in both public and private school, at special benefits, and for the former First Lady of the United States! To inquire about our availability, please click on our CONTACT page or email us directly at info@DallasStreetChoir.org
We are a unique organization, and as such, require some special consideration when performing outside our rehearsal space.
Please read the following requisites prior to contacting us:
- The Dallas Street Choir is a self-sustaining, not-for-profit organization.
Therefore, we do request presenters consider budgeting a performance honorarium.
- Transportation must be provided for all events. Our pick up and drop off point is in the heart of Downtown Dallas.
- Depending on the time of day, we do request that hosts provide the appropriate meals and/or snacks for our singers.
- Homeless shelters in Dallas close their doors by 5:00 p.m. and anyone not registered by that time is excluded for the night, i.e. folks are compelled to sleep on the street and run the risk of losing their spot for subsequent nights. As such, the Dallas Street Choir always provides hotel rooms whenever we, the organization, asks our singers to remain out past that 5:00 p.m. shelter curfew. When performing at a private event, the hotel cost is passed along to the hiring organization. Historically, and on average, the hotel cost is approximately $2,500 per night (2 per room, 25-30 rooms).
- The Dallas Street Choir performs with piano accompaniment. When a piano is not available, we do have access to an electric keyboard and speaker system. Please be sure there is power nearby.
- Sunday church performances are feasible, but rarely offered. Inquire as to our availability.
- Performance repertoire is to be decided by the director of the Dallas Street Choir in collaboration with the event host. Song requests should be submitted well ahead of the performance date, but there is no guarantee we will be able to accommodate each request.
- We will not agree to limit the number of performers we bring. We most often travel with 45-55 singers.
Verbiage to be used when introducing the Dallas Street Choir:
The Dallas Street Choir was established in October 2014. Its mission is to provide a musical outlet for those experiencing homelessness and severe disadvantage. To date, the organization has served nearly 2,000 individuals. In addition to presenting concerts at The Stewpot, a day shelter in downtown Dallas, the Dallas Street Choir has performed at the Winspear Opera House, the Dallas City Performance Hall, and the George W. Bush Presidential Library. This past June, the choir traveled to the East Coast singing at Carnegie Hall and the Washington National Cathedral. This history-making trip became the topic for a national story aired on NBC’s Today Show.
The Dallas Street Choir is under the direction of its founder, Dr. Jonathan Palant*.
* Pronunciation Guide: Palant, rhymes with Talent.